Executive Director of JAN, Mrs. Simi Nwogugu moderated the ‘Design a Life You Love’ panel session at the SLAY Festival organized by She Leads Africa (SLA), a community that helps young African women achieve their professional dreams. The event held on the 18th of February and the panel featured Betty Irabor, Editor-in-Chief, Genevieve Magazine, and Funmi Victor Okigbo, CEO, No Surprises Events Architects, both of whom shared personal stories of challenges and triumphs and how they continue to design lives they love. A few takeaways from the session include:
· Living the life you love does not happen by accident; one has to be deliberate and intentional about designing and building it
· It is important to maintain a balanced work/pray/love/play mix
· Work hard, but love the work you do, so working hard at it comes easy
· Don’t give the female gender a bad name tag by using feminine issues as an excuse for not getting your job done
· What you focus on, you grow; so focus on your strengths.