The ITS TYME initiative builds on the highly acclaimed JA Company Program® designed to provide basic business education to young people through a variety of hands-on activities supporting a diverse range of learners. Through the Company Program, students develop a better understanding of the relationship between what they learn at school and their successful participation in a worldwide economy. The experience enhances students’ understanding of the classroom curriculum and encourages them to use innovative thinking to acquire business skills, build positive attitudes, expand and enhance their career options and aspirations.
ITS TYME goes further by taking the JA Company Program out of the classroom and into the African marketplace, motor parks, slums, refugee camps, sports arenas and other centers of youth activity with a mission to equip young people with the practical, strategic and tactical tools they need to become financially self-sufficient and active contributors to the social, economic and political life of their communities. Through the ITS TYME initiative, JA in partnership with, Child-life-Line, Chanelle foundation, Lagos state Government (Ministry of women Affaires and poverty alleviation vocational training and skills acquisition Centres),Nigerian Airforce (NAFOWA)vocational Centres, transferring tangible, marketable and sustainable skills to the rapidly increasing cohort of young people out of school in Lagos, Nigeria thereby improving the economy.
The program will seek to achieve the following:
- Bridge the gap between formal and informal education in young people who are out of school.
- Increase beneficiaries’ knowledge of life skills.
- Increase beneficiaries’ knowledge of basic business education skills and techniques.
- Improve beneficiaries’ perceptions of entrepreneurship as a viable income generating option.
- Improve access to microfinance and saving schemes for beneficiaries.
- Increase number of cohorts of youth micro-entrepreneurs.